A special session that was proposed by Barış Bulut (Enforma), Luis Lino Ferreira (ISEP) and Goreti Marreiros (ISEP) for the 47th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2021) is now approved by the IEEE. The session is supported by the IEEE-IES Technical Committee on Industrial Informatics (TC-II).
The title of the special session is “Predictive maintenance architectures and applications for industrial systems”.
Organisations are continuously researching new strategies to improve the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of their equipment, from highly complex and computerised industrial machines to refurbished equipment. This is now possible due to the high levels of automation and, particularly to innovative IoT solutions.
Particularly, maintenance costs vary between 15% and 70% of production or ownership costs, making maintenance an important cost to be reduced. Therefore, this session aims at addressing the main problems of designing industrial maintenance systems, from the collection of data from sensors to its analysis supported by advanced algorithms. The session targets all kinds of maintenance paradigms, from reactive to predictive and prescriptive, or any other kind of advanced maintenance concepts, with a strong focus on architectures and design.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures for maintenance applications
- Industrial applications and pilots on emerging maintenance techniques
- Sensors and Cyber Physical Systems for maintenance applications
- Filtering of data
- Condition monitoring
- Machine learning algorithms
- Signal analysis algorithms for maintenance applications
- Diagnosis & Prognosis & Remaining useful life
- Maintenance safety
- New frontiers: Machine as a service, maintenance as a service and reliable manufacturing
Interested parties please contact llf [at] isep.ipp.pt, mgt [at] isep.ipp.pt, baris [at] enforma-tr.com